Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ok, ok......

The good news - I won the national championship for the second year in a row.
The bad news - It was about 38 degrees race morning.
The good news - When you are focused on going hard you don't feel the cold.
The bad news - But when you are that cold you pee yourself about 20 times on the bike.
The good news - The race was very spreadout so I didn't pee on anyone.
The bad news - I ended up in the ER @ 11 pm on Saturday night.
The good news - I am not dying. Nor do I have kennel cough.
The bad news - I did have to get nebulized.
The good news - Once I was nebulized I could breathe without sounding like a harmonica.
The bad news - Apparently once I fell asleep I was breathing as loud as a 300 lb man.
The good news - DayQuil is the best medicine you can take post-race.
The bad news - I fear I will exceed the recommended daily dose.
The good news - I am now comfortably back at home doing laundry.
The bad news - There are piles of laundry everywhere.
The good news - Only one more race to go.
The bad news - It's an Ironman.
The good news - There is no way that race will be 38 degrees cold.
The bad news - I know....be careful what I wish for.....heat can be just as bad.

Anyways, a weekend of high times, high drama. A race report will soon follow.

4 comments:

jessie said...

OK, had to look up your results and my god, you SMOKED that course.

Beating the second place woman by 12 minutes! Holy crap, no wonder your poor lungs rebelled. Hope you're on the mend.

George Schweitzer said...

Congrats elizabeth! Good luck in hawaii and get well!! Give my best to the hubby as well!

Erin said...

Wow. Congratulations!!! Now get better soon before Kona. Can't wait to read your race report.

Ashley said...

Yes YES YESSSS! Awesome, Congrats! I can tell you, the race was on Jen's mind all day. She was so excited to hear about you and Chris. Way to go!