Saturday, May 03, 2008

New Day

I understand there is no open container law on St. Croix and while that may work for the humans I think someone should revoke the privilege from the rooster who was cockadoodledooing at 3:40 am and obviously drunk off his feathered a**.

I have accepted that until I leave this island I will be licked by at least 2 non human species each day. This morning - two dogs. I was running around 6:30 am. By the way, no sun at 6 am. To my sleeping delight it was overcast. Got out early and went for a short run. Coming back I was taken over by two dogs - a big one that licked me and a little one that ran behind me. Then I realized I was running down the street with a little parade of dogs behind me. Then there were the horses on the road. And the goats came out around 7 am and started bleating.

The day is windy and overcast. But still warm. My bike will be fixed by 11 am. The man I am staying with knows a man that knows a man that owns the local bike shop who knows the exact tool required to repair my bike.

I'm eating bananas from the banana tree. And bringing the french press mug - best decision ever. Haven't seen a drop of coffee yet. It's a dry island I tell you. Unless you count the slobber from a dog.

6 comments:

IM Able said...

It sounds wonderful down (over?) there! Enjoy it all -- can't wait to see the pictures. Good luck with the roosters...

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Dude - the rooster is cockadoodledooing to remind you to chase the chicken! A perfect reminder for you!

I know the french press of which you so valliantly speak. I got two for Nathaniel - to use when he's away. If it can survive locations across the world, it can certainly survive the island of St. Croix.

From now on - whenever I hear a rooster, I'll think of you. And that is so wrong.

BreeWee said...

you are so funny! email if you need bike help! I took my bike to Mitch, Bryan Rhodes, and Faris A-Sultans house! They are way cool and can help you too!
I wish it would warm back up and the clouds would go away! See you at the meeting 4???
Wee

Mira Lelovic said...

Doesn't get any fresher than picking your own banana from the tree. Was it the best banana ever? It sounds like a super relaxing place to stay. I hope you're enjoying it. One more time, good luck tomorrow!

Bob Mitera said...

Liz - So was I right about the island? Uh..huh. Love that race. "Rustic"

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I will fly down overnight and bring GOOD coffee for you if you will let me hang out in paradise - and doggie heaven - with all of you uber triathletes!