Friday, May 22, 2009

Behind The 8 Ball

This is my own variation of 8 things.

8 Places I Have Raced:

1 – Arkansas (twice)
2 – Canada
3 – Texas (twice)
4 – Rhode Island
5 – Minnesota
6 – Oregon
7 – Connecticut
8 – Florida

8 Bloggers That I Coach:

1 – Muppetdog
2 – GreytTimes
3 – Cat’s Calls
4 – IronmanLife
5 – Tri Rob
6 – The Comeback Kid
7 – This Runner’s World
8 – WES!

8 Things In My Closet:

1 – Two pairs of Crocs
2 – Toilet Paper
3 – A picture of Natasha Badmann
4 – More workouts clothes than real clothes
5 – A bunch of stuffed monkeys
6 – The knives used to cut our wedding cake
7 – About 20 visors
8 – NO skeletons

8 Dates I Remember:

1 – July 28 (my birthday & my uncle’s birthday)
2 – December 28 (my brother’s birthday)
3 – April 25 (mom’s birthday)
4 – October 8 (anniversary)
5 – October 24 (Chris’ birthday)
6 – October 18 (day of my first Ironman)
7 – August 23 (Boss’ birthday)
8 – Last full week of July (Ragbrai)

8 PRs I Have Set:

1 – 5:32 (mile)
2 – 1:09 (100 in a swim meet)
3 – 37:46 (10K)

4 – 4:32 (half Ironman)
5 – 142 (longest I’ve ever ridden, took 7:42)
6 – 3 (full days without coffee)
7 – 500 miles in a week (farthest I’ve ridden)
8 – 3 (marathons I’ve done)

8 People I’ve Talked to This Week:

1 – Mom
2 – Erich (nearly every day)
3 - Kloner
4 – Jen Garrison
5 – Jen Harrison
6 – The woman at allergists office who couldn't spell my last name
7 - My dog
8 - Starky

8 Life Changing Events:

1 – Meeting Chris (obviously).
2 – Graduating from college early to help mom take care of dad.
3 – Hiking through the Bitterroot Wilderness in Montana when I was in my early 20s.
4 – Moving to the Midwest when I was 10 years old.
5 – My real father died when I was 2 – things changed!
6 – Leaving my career to start my own business. BEST DECISION EVER MADE.
7 – When we got a dog….still not sure about this one...
8 – When we have our first child…THINGS WILL CHANGE!


8 Words To Describe Me:

1 – Curious
2 – Quirky
3 – Aloof
4 – Searching
5 – Creative
6 – Difficult (I’ve been told)
7 – Intuitive
8 – Multitasking

8 Songs That Are Currently The Soundtrack of My Life:

1 – Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
2 - In The Waiting Line by Zero 7
3 - She Moves In Her Own Way by The Kooks
4 – Breathe Me by Sia
5 – Curbside Prophet by Jason Mraz
6 – The Fear by Lily Allen
7 – Preparedness by The Bird and The Bee
8 – To Ulrike M. by Doris Days & Zero 7

8 Things We Will Do This Weekend:

1 - Ride 75 miles on Saturday
2 - Open water swim
3 - WINE WITH MOM
4 - Plant in the backyard - finally!
5 - Go to the dog park
6 - COFFEE
7 - Work...just a little though
8 - Probably eat once at Noodles (again)

8 Things You Should Do Today:

1 – Coffee
2 – Go for a walk
3 – Pet your dog
4 – Hug your spouse
5 – Say something good about yourself
6 – Close your eyes for 5 minutes during the day
7 – Eat something green
8 – Get back to work!

11 comments:

Keith said...

Nice lists. I know from previous posts that the race in Canada was in Newfoundland. Seeing "Canada" expressed as "a place" is a bit disconcerting.

I like how coffee showed up twice.

tomdog said...

Awesome!

D said...

8 Things I Should Do Today:
1 - done!
2 - about to do (on my way to the pool)
3 - how bout cats? done!
4 - don't have one :( Send one my way... everyone that reads my comment, you can add this to the list of things to do for ME! :D
5 - "I don't smell bad right now", done!
6 - will do (but it will probably be longer)
7 - spinach coming my way later!
8 - work? What's work? sigh.

Stef said...

Love it! And yes I should get back to work. :-)

Kim said...

Dang that was a good list. I like the last one because it is 2pm, I had wine with lunch, and I am DEFINITELY done working for the day. I am here in body, just not in sprit. I'm with you on the ride, the wine, and the planting.. those are on the agenda here too. Have a great weekend ELF!

IronMatron said...

I liked this.

TRI-ROB said...

Put your Crocs in the TRASH! Or at least do NOT run through the airport with them on when you're racing to catch your flight!

Breathe..

Adam Beston said...

Just biked to Lolo Pass in the Bitteroot today (pics at adamnbeston.blogspot.com) and got 1-7 of the things I should do today. Looking forward to coming back to the Midwest surprisingly in about a year.

Molly said...

I'm number oooooone, I'm number ooooooone :)

I did everything on the today list except coffee. But I did go to Starbucks if that counts.

BreeWee said...

Oh that was fun, I like your 8 game! I have no idea about most those bands and yes the baby will change your life and YOU are amazing for living this long without your real dad...BIG hugs to you on growing up strong Liz!!

WADDLER26.2 said...

I loved reading all your lists. Hope that you got everything done.